Sadza is an African staple that’s also known as ugali, nshima, pap and phaleche.
Usually Sadza, accompanies a flavorfull fish or meat prepared for dinner or lunch; thus, it purposely lacks flavor to allow the protein to shine.
Makes: 4 servings.
• 6-7 scoops of mealie-meal
•¾ – 1 cup cold water
• 3-4 cups boiling water
- In pot mix mealie-meal with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in another pot, bring 3-4 cups of water to a boil.
- Mix both pots together then bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add mealie-meal ½ tsp at a time and stir well, repeating until desired consistency is reached.
- If desired, again cover and simmer 5 minutes.
There you have it—delicious Sadza. We guarantee that these recipes will smell amazing as you cook, and they’ll taste even better once you try them!
If you’re looking to sample the real deal, we’ve got you covered! We’re an African grocery and delivery service in Ontario, and we carry some of the finest ingredients you can use in these recipes to give you an authentic taste. Feel free to browse through our growing selection of products.