Nigerian Pepper Soup
Pepper Soup is a spicy soup usually made with goat meat, beef, poultry meat, and even fish as well as other condiments. It is full of flavor and most times enjoyed with cool beverages; you need to try it to understand how tasty it can be.
Most people enjoy this soup for its, sweetness, spicy taste and flavor, there are even rumors in parts of Nigeria of the medicinal nature of this soup, some say it is able to deal with fever, due to the combination of the flavor and herbs that makes the soup, Pepper Soup could be passed as one of the best African dishes so far
I would be walking you through the process of making this most sought after soup, but we would focus on the goat meat pepper soup today, remember if you need to make beef, Poultry, Fish pepper soup, just substitute the goat meat for your choice of meat.
If you’re curious as to what this beloved dish might taste like, check out the recipe we’ve provided below. We’ll show you how to make Pepper Soup.
- 1 pack Goat Meat
- 2 Table Spoon Pepper soup Spice
- 3 cubes Maggi seasoning or 11/2half Knorr
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium onions
- Scent leaves dry
- Scotch bonnet/dry pepper or Cameroon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- Start healthy by washing your choice of meat in water.
- On medium-high heat, place pot and add water to bring to boiling.
- Add your choice of meat in the boiling water and leave for about 10mins to give time for the meat to cook. (The time may vary depending on your choice of meat)
- Add the pepper soup spice, as well as your choice of pepper (scotch bonnet, dry pepper, or Cameroon pepper), remember to add the pepper to the level you want your soup to be spicy.
- Add Maggi cubes, garlic, onions.
- Cook on medium-high heat till meat is tender and cooked through.
- Add scent leaves, crayfish for aroma and flavoring.
- Cook for a few minutes and the pepper soup is ready.
- Serve with your choice of beverage or side dish
There you have it—delicious Pepper Soup. We guarantee that these recipes will smell amazing as you cook, and they’ll taste even better once you try them!
If you’re looking to sample the real deal, we’ve got you covered! We’re an African grocery and delivery service in Ontario, and we carry some of the finest ingredients you can use in these recipes to give you an authentic taste. Feel free to browse through our growing selection of products.