The Abak Afang soup is popular in the states of Akwa Ibom and Cross River Nigeria. It is palm juice, with small leaves of Afang.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours
Serving Per: 5 servings
- Palm Fruit juice 600 ml.
- Cow Skin (pomo): 300 g (optional).
- dry fish smoked 300 g.
- Stockfish softened 300 g.
- Ground Pepper (chilies)
- Salt to taste.
- Shell Periwinkle
- 2 Cubes Maggi to season.
- Dried crayfish
- 1 bulb of onion, finely blended.
- Afang Leaves pounded.
- 800 grams of meat preferred-Chicken, Beef, or Goatmeat
- Uyayak 1:4.
- Season the meat with salt and chilies and cook with stock until soften.
- Add washed smoked fish and stockfish to the pot of boiling meat and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add Palm fruit juice and continue to cook for about 15 mins or until thickening begins
- Add the periwinkle, pepper, crayfish, onions, and cubes.
- Cook another 10 minutes
- Check seasoning and serve with pounded yam.
There you have it—delicious ABAK AFANG Soup. We guarantee that these recipes will smell amazing as you cook, and they’ll taste even better once you try them!
If you’re looking to sample the real deal, we’ve got you covered! We’re an African grocery and delivery service in Ontario, and we carry some of the finest ingredients you can use in these recipes to give you an authentic taste. Feel free to browse through our growing selection of products.